Bosön and the coronavirus
Here you can read about what we do at Bosön to maintain a safe environment for everyone visiting our premises. Our staff and guests are our first priority. In short, Bosön follows our owner’s Riksidrottsförbundet (Swedish Sports Federation) guidelines, which are based on the government’s decision to ban general gatherings with more than 50 people for the time being and the recommendations of the National Health Authority regarding sports and fitness facilities.
This page will be updated as new recommendations and important information are added in regards to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Bosön is a sports exercise, hotel and conference venue. We are open and we always follow the most current recommendations from the Public Health Authority and our owner the Swedish Sports Federation (Riksidrottsförbundet).
Procedures for minimizing and managing infectious risk
- Bosön has a central action plan to handle potential situations that may arise as a consequence of the current situation.
- We closely follow the updates of the recommendations from the health authorities and the National Sports Federation and adjust our procedures accordingly.
- Our employees have been instructed in how to best deal with the existing situation and how to avoid infection.
- Please avoid handshaking as well as situations where you are exposed to sneezing, coughing etc.
- We encourage both staff and guests to be extra careful about hand hygiene.
- Employees and guests who have visited areas with a high rate of Covid-19 infection should stay at home for a minimum of two weeks after returning. The same applies to those who have close relatives who have recently visited above mentioned areas.
- We strongly encourage anyone who feels ill or has symptoms, even mild ones, of a cold to refrain from exercising in our facility. The health and welfare of our guests and staff are our main priorities and we need to cooperate in order to keep each other safe. Remember, Bosön will still be there when you have recovered!
- We also urge anyone with even mild symptoms of respiratory infections to avoid contact with other people in order to not spread infection.
Important information for those who exercise or practice sports at Bosön
- Before you enter exercise/training areas like Framgångshallen, please wash your hands in the new sink by the entrance.
- Make sure to wipe down the machines and equipment you have used after finishing your workout.
- Please bring your own exercise mat or towel to work out on.
- Avoid exercises that put you in close contact with others. Choose alternative exercises instead.
- Do not share water bottles.
- Change at home before and after exercise / activities. Starting Tuesday, April 7, we will keep all changing rooms and the swimming pool closed.
- People over 70 are strongly encouraged to avoid public environments and to reduce social contacts and therefore should not participate in group activities indoors. Physical activity outdoors is recommended (for this group).
Framtidshallen, our main sports and training facility, is 5,000 square meters and the ceiling is over 10 meters high. There is rarely any congestion for those who exercise in our bright and spacious training area.
Please contact us for more information and if you have any questions.